- A reservation at the loading points in Oberwald or Realp is compulsory. No reservation can lead to longer waiting times.
- Large transport vehicles must be ready 15 minutes before departure time.
- Vehicles carrying dangerous loads as listed in ADR/SDR (international goods regulations) are prohibited.
- On open truck-beds all freight must be tightly secured and safe.
- Drivers must strictly adhere to the 20 tons weight limit. The maximum weight of 20 tons is the total weight of the freight and the vehicle together. Supplying incorrect data regarding weight is strictly forbidden as it compromises safety.
- On purchasing a ticket a vehicle registration card must be shown every time without it being requested.
- Follow all directions given by staff on the loading ramp.
- Remain in the designated waiting areas.
- Measurement of a vehicle can be required and must be permitted. Vehicles over the permitted maximum height can be barred from transport. For measuring the vehicle must be lowered.
- Aerials must be drawn in or removed and may not be extended during the journey. Any contact with the overhead cables must be avoided. Contact with the cables can lead to vehicle damage, railway property damage, damage to other vehicles, personal injury or tunnel blockage.
- Rear-view mirrors must be drawn in or removed if requested by staff.
Loading onto the train
- Vehicles may only be loaded under the supervision and guidance of staff on site.
- Vehicles must be parked directly over the middle of the long axis equidistant from both sides of the wagon.
- Vehicles with pneumatic shock absorption must be lowered after loading and must remain lowered.
- To secure a vehicle drivers must observe the following steps: Engage the spring-loaded brake and engage neutral gear.
- The vehicle will be earthed by the supervising staff. Without being specifically asked to do so, no vehicle may now be moved again!
During the journey
- The General Conditions of Transport, as listed on the back of the ticket, apply.
- Emergency number Switzerland: 112 or Oberwald/Realp stations.
- Emergency information will be given on the radio frequency UKW 89.4
- During the journey, drivers must not leave their vehicle cabins.
Unloading from the train
- The vehicle is still earthed. It may be moved as directed by the staff on site.
|2.60 m||3.62 m||3.50 m|
|2.55 m||3.62 m||3.53 m|
|2.50 m||3.62 m||3.57 m|
|Max. weight: 20 t per vehicle incl. freight|
One-way prices for the Furka car train
|Type of vehicle||Price per ride (CHF)|
|1.10 – 31.5|
|Buses 10–19 seats||49.00|
|Buses 20–25 seats||103.00|
|Buses 26–36 seats||165.00|
|Buses >36 seats||225.00|
|Motor vehicles 3.5t to 4.99t||99.00|
|Motor vehicles 5t to 9.99t||158.00|
|Motor vehicles 10t to 14.99t||228.00|
|Motor vehicles 15t to 20t||328.00|
|Handling fee: Vehicles >3 metres high or extra-wide||25.00|