Monday, 20. January 2020, 8.08 pm
Keine Wartezeit Autoverlad Furka Oberwald
Aktuell besteht an der Verladestation Oberwald (VS) des Autoverlad Furka keine Wartezeit.
Keine Wartezeit Autoverlad Furka Realp
Aktuell besteht an der Verladestation Realp (UR) des Autoverlad Furka keine Wartezeit.
Furka car train
The Furka vehicle transportation trains run all year round. In summer they save a drive over the Furka Pass and in winter the 15.4km tunnel between Oberwald and Realp avoids a long detour between the cantons of Uri and Wallis when the Furka Pass is closed.
The trip takes barely 20 minutes and saves a great deal of time compared to crossing the pass as well as a welcome break during a long journey. Tickets for loading your vehicle can be purchased directly online or at the on-site counter .
Especially in summer, when there are long traffic jams across the north-south axis over the Gotthard, the Furka tunnel becomes a great time-saver. If you encounter heavy traffic on the A2 motorway take the traffic lane marked ‘Andermatt’ for the rail transport service. On leaving the train drive south over the Nufenen Pass or simply follow the directions for ‘Simplon/Italy’.
During the winter holiday period – especially the ‘sports weeks’ in February and March - you can expect quite long queues after 9:00 am. We recommend that you aim to board a vehicle transporter before this time in the morning.
General information Furka car transport
- Motorcyclists and cyclists must be in Realp, ready to be loaded, 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Motorcyclists are responsible for securing their motorcycle and must remain with their vehicle during the journey.
- Vehicles carrying dangerous goods, as defined by the ADR/ SDR, are prohibited from being loaded.
- Prior to loading, please retract side antennas at least to the height of the vehicle roof. Please swing roof antennas down and secure these. (Caution! Danger through touching the overhead contact line).
- Please don‘t throw any items (cigarette butts, bottles etc.) from the vehicle during the journey. Caution: Extreme danger!
- The vehicle must be secured by the driver - apply the parking brake - engage 1st gear or parking gear and switch off the engine.
|2.60 m||3.62 m||3.50 m|
|2.55 m||3.62 m||3.53 m|
|2.50 m||3.62 m||3.57 m|
|Maximum weight: 20 t per vehicle|