Oberalp car train winter
The vehicle transport trains between Andermatt and Sedrun run during the winter when the Oberalp Pass is closed to traffic. This service ensures the connection between Wallis and Graubünden.
In roughly one hour the train brings vehicles over the 2,033m Oberalp Pass. Sit back and enjoy the wintry landscape, deep in snow, or simply nod off for an hour. The Matterhorn Gotthard Railway brings you safely from Andermatt to Sedrun or vice-versa.
The vehicle train runs during the winter closure of the Oberalp Pass and the service ends when the road opens again in spring.
Timetable car transport Oberalp
This vehicle transportation service requires a prior reservation and travels in both directions twice or three times a day (depending on the season).
|From 15 december 2019 – 17 april 2020||Friday - Sunday / holidays*||Monday - Thursday|
|From Andermatt||9:50 am, 2:50 pm, 6:28 pm||9:50 am, 2:50 pm, 5:28 pm|
|From Sedrun||7:31 am, 11:45am, 5:25 pm||7:31 am, 11:45am, 5:25 pm|
|From 18 april 2020 – opening of the pass road|
|From Andermatt||daily 8:28 am, 5:28 pm|
|From Sedrun||daily 7:31 am, 5:31 pm|
Please note the times for loading – all vehicles will be loaded 30 minutes before the stated departure time. Reservations must be made one day before by 18:00h at the very latest.
*Holidays, timetable same as on Sunday: 1 and 2 January, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas (25 / 26 December)
Prices car transport Oberalp
The Oberalp transportation service can only take vehicles and trailers up to a maximum of 3.5t. The price per vehicle includes its passengers.
This service also offers a multi-journey ticket for 10 trips at a reduced price per trip.
|Type of vehicle||Price per trip (CHF)|
|Passenger cars up to a max. 3.5 t||65.00|
|Transport trailers up to a max. 3.5 t||35.00|
|Discount for 10 trips (passenger cars up to 3.5 t)||550.00|
|*All prices include passengers|
General information for Oberalp car train
- Reservations mandatory until 6:00 pm. Bookings made by email for the following day that are received after 18.00 h can unfortunately no longer be accepted.
- Loading closes 30 minutes before train departs
- Maximum corner height 2.50 m / Maximum width 2.30 m
- Only passenger cars with up to 3.5 t
- Motorbikes and bicycles cannot be transported.
- Drivers and passengers must travel in the passenger car of the train. For handicapped/wheelchairs: If you need help getting from your car to the passenger car of the train, please contact the loading railway stations prior to your reservation.
- There is no entitlement to be transported in specific trains
- Travel time approx. 50 minutes