In roughly one hour the train brings vehicles over the 2,033m Oberalp Pass. Sit back and enjoy the wintry landscape, deep in snow, or simply nod off for an hour. The Matterhorn Gotthard Railway brings you safely from Andermatt to Sedrun or vice-versa.
Timetable car transport Oberalp
This vehicle transportation service requires a prior reservation and travels in both directions twice or three times a day (depending on the season).
|From closure of the pass road until 10.12.2022|
|From Andermatt||daily 08:28 h, 17:28 h|
|From Sedrun||daily 07:31 h, 17:31 h|
|From 11 december 2022 – 10 april 2023||Friday - Sunday / holidays*||Monday - Thursday|
|From Andermatt||9:50 am, 2:50 pm, 6:28 pm||9:50 am, 2:50 pm, 5:28 pm|
|From Sedrun||7:31 am, 11:50am, 5:25 pm||7:31 am, 11:50am, 5:25 pm|
|From 11 april 2023 till the pass road is open|
|From Andermatt||daily 8:28 am, 5:28 pm|
|From Sedrun||daily 7:31 am, 5:31 pm|
Please note the times for loading – all vehicles will be loaded 30 minutes before the stated departure time. Reservations must be made one day before by 17:00h at the very latest.
*Holidays, timetable same as on Sunday: 26.12.2022, 02.01.2023 und 10.04.2023
Prices car transport Oberalp
The Oberalp transportation service can only take vehicles and trailers up to a maximum of 3.5t. The price per vehicle includes its passengers (2.class).
This service also offers a multi-journey ticket for 10 trips at a reduced price per trip.
|Type of vehicle||Price per trip (CHF)|
|Passenger cars up to a max. 3.5 t||65.00|
|Transport trailers up to a max. 3.5 t||35.00|
|Discount for 10 trips (passenger cars up to 3.5 t)||550.00|
|*All prices include passengers|
General information for Oberalp car train
- Reservations mandatory until 5:00 pm. Bookings made by email for the following day that are received after 18.00 h can unfortunately no longer be accepted.
- Loading closes 30 minutes before train departs
- Maximum corner height 2.50 m / Maximum width 2.30 m
- Only passenger cars with up to 3.5 t
- Motorbikes and bicycles cannot be transported.
- Drivers and passengers must travel in the passenger car of the train in the 2nd class. Guests in wheelchairs please contact the loading railway stations prior to your reservation.
- During transport: Put your car into 1st gear or "Park". Turn the engine off. Drivers and passengers travel in the passenger car of the train.
- There is no entitlement to be transported in specific trains
- Travel time approx. 50 minutes