Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here is an overview of the most frequently asked questions about the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn.
1. Can I reserve seats?
No, you cannot reserve seats on the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn.
2. Is my ticket valid for a specific departure only?
No, your ticket is valid for whichever train you choose to take on the date specified.
3. What discount will I receive if I have a GA travel card or a day pass?
Holders of a GA/day pass will receive a 100% discount on the normal ticket price.
4. What discount will I receive with a Swiss Travel Pass or a Eurrailpass?
Holders of a Swiss Travel Pass or a Eurrailpass will receive a 100% discount on the normal ticket price.
5. May I get off and on again during my journey?
Yes. You may use your ticket to get off at every way station and then get on again later and continue your journey. However, each section may only be travelled once.
6. How long is a return ticket valid?
Return tickets are valid for 10 days.
7. Can I travel with the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn in a wheelchair?
Yes. The Shuttle-Trains between Täsch and Zermatt, as well as the trains from Visp to Täsch and Zermatt offer this trip also for disabled persons. Our attentive train personnel will be pleased to assist you board the train. Please simply wait on the platform beside the mobile lift 10 minutes before the train's departure time. Please inform email@example.com prior to your journey.
8. Can I take my dog with me when traveling with the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn?
Of course! Dogs of any size travelling in passenger carriages or luggage vans must always pay second-class half fare or the stipulated minimum fare (1-day travelpass for dogs, GA travelcard for dogs) if there is one. Exception: small dogs up to 30 cm high at the top of their shoulder blades can travel with you free of charge as carriage hand luggage provided they are in a carrier, basket or other suitable container.
9. What do I do when I forgot something on the train?
Please contact our Lost Property Service, you can find furhter information here.