Furka car train
The quickest connection between Valais and central Switzerland runs year-round and on time.
General information about the Furka car train
- Motorcyclists and cyclists must be in Realp, ready to be loaded, 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Motorcyclists are responsible for securing their motorcycle and must remain with their vehicle during the journey.
- Vehicles carrying dangerous goods, as defined by the ADR/ SDR, are prohibited from being loaded.
- Prior to loading, please retract side antennas at least to the height of the vehicle roof. Please swing roof antennas down and secure these. (Caution! Danger through touching the overhead contact line).
- Please don‘t throw any items (cigarette butts, bottles etc.) from the vehicle during the journey. Caution: Extreme danger!
Time table Furka
|Time period||11.12.2016 – 31.05.2017|
|Friday–Monday||5.35h, 6.05h every 30 min. until 21.35h|
|Tuesday–Thursday||5.35h, 6.35h every 60 min. until 21.35h|
|Time period||11.12.2016 - 31.05.2017|
|Friday–Monday||6.05h, 6.35h every 30 min. until 22.05h|
|Tuesday–Thursday||6.05h, 7.05h every 60 min. until 22.05h|
One-way prices for the Furka car train
|Type of vehicle||Price per ride (CHF)|
|1.10 – 31.5|
|Motor vehicles up to 3.5 t and 9 passengers||33.00|
|Caravans up to 5 t overall weight||33.00|
|Trailers up to 0.75 t overall weight||20.00|
|Trailers over 0.75 t – 3.5 t overall weight/sailplanes||33.00|
|Motorcycles over 50 ccm / trikes / quads||20.00|
|Bicycles/small motorcycles up to 50 ccm||12.00|
Prices for point tickets
Point tickets for motor vehicles up to 3.5 t and 9 passengers
The point balance is valid for three years from the day of charging.
|Value||1.10. – 31.05.||01.06. - 30.09.|
|CHF 250.00||CHF 29.20||CHF 23.30|
|CHF 750.00||CHF 21.00||CHF 16.80|
Based on experience, longer waiting times on Saturdays in February and March starting from 9:00 am onwards are to be expected. We therefore recommend that you load before 9:00 am.
In case of traffic jams on the Gotthard A2 motorway, the special “Andermatt” lane must be used.
|2.60 m||3.62 m||3.50 m|
|2.55 m||3.62 m||3.53 m|
|2.50 m||3.62 m||3.57 m|
|Max. weight: 20 t per vehicle|
Bicycles and Motorbikes
Bicycle and motorbike riders have to be ready for loading and boarding 15 minutes prior to departure time.