Protection concept for public transport
From 11 May 2020, the protection concept "How to travel safely in public transport" will apply to public transport in accordance with the principles laid down by the SBB in its role as the public transport’s system leader.
Please observe the following rules for your own protection:
1. Keep your distance. Keep your distance at bus and train stops, in front of ticket counters and at ticket machines. Leave space for people getting off and form an aisle in busy places. Make sure that passengers in the vehicles are distributed as evenly as possible.
2. Wear masks if distancing is not possible. Wear a hygiene mask in vehicles, in stations and at bus stops if the Federal Office of Public Health’s distance regulations cannot be observed.
3. Avoid rush hours. Avoid commuting times if possible and switch to less frequented connections.
4. Buy tickets online. Buy tickets online. Prepare for the journey: consult the online timetable. If possible, buy your ticket online or at ticket machines and if you pay at ticket offices then preferably with a contactless payment system. Keep your ticket handy for inspections.
5. Observe hygiene rules. Observe the hygiene and conduct rules of the Federal Office of Public Health.
6. We clean regularly. We ensure that the vehicles are cleaned regularly, especially contact surfaces such as handrails, handles and buttons. Please support us by not leaving any waste in the vehicles and by disposing of any waste in the containers on the platforms.
Reduced counter opening hours
Due to restrictions on public and tourist traffic, our staffed counters are also open at reduced hours. Below are the current opening hours (from 25.03.2020 until further notice):